Wednesday 6 November 2013

Journeys...

8G worked incredibly hard on their journey poems before half term - here is a selection of fab poems!


My Alphabet Poem - by Brooke Hatchett

An exhausting 10 ½ hour flight
But it will be worth it
Cancun in Mexico
Destination we are travelling to
Eating chocolaty m’ and ‘m’s
Flying high in the sky
Girls and boys excited to arrive
Hours on board this Virgin Atlantic plane
I really want time to go faster
Journey so far has been long but cool
Keeping awake on this tiring trip
Loving the experience though
Movies on the tiny TV screens
No good TV programmes, all old ones
One Direction playing full blast in my headphones
Passengers desperate to land
Questions being asked; Are we there yet?
Repeatedly looking at the map to see how long we’ve got
Sky filled with other aircrafts
Travelling around the world
Unexpected turbulence occurring here and there
Vegas beneath you
Wonderful views of the places below
eXotic environments and animals await you
You cannot wait to touch down in Mexico
an amaZing place is waiting for our arrival


Journey - by Wilf Offord

Every step, each singular advancement to the final goal,
Shorter than the last.
Each more hesitant, more thoughtful, more experienced,
Yet experience is nothing compared to the darkness that shrouds my decisions.

I strike a match, but it only makes the shadows more prominent.
The more I know, the more I need to know.
The end is close, but the journey gets longer.
The path is twisted.

I am standing at the end, but I feel nothing.
I have finished the road, but not yet started my path.
I am missing something, anything
To rip through the darkness, only to destroy the light.


I Went to Peru in the Night - by Louis Mobbs

I went to Peru in the night,
But wasn’t to keen on the flight.
It was surprisingly bumpy,
The Pilot was grumpy,
Because he was afraid of the height.

I arrived at Peru in the morning,
When I stepped out of the plane I was yawning.
I tripped on a rock,
And next to the clock
Was a window that showed it was dawning.



Absolutely wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment